Christmas Hugging Bear Decorated Cookies
Hello! I am really excited to start my Christmas Decorated Cookies for this year. To break the ice, I wanted to make a Christmas version of this previous idea I made a couple months back. I saw online the original idea here and I loved it so much I wanted to make it happen with bears hugging multiple foods and edible objects as I could thing off, but for now, those are the two I have.
But let´s admire this cute guys a bit more. Aren´t they adorable with their little hats and hugging that royal-icing-candy-cane and just so festive? Ah! I love them!
But let me tell you how I made them, what I used and at the end I give you some “transportation” ideas. Yeah, because after all the work we put on out little hat, the last thing we want is for it to break.
INGREDIENTS AND TOOLS:
- Chocolate cookie dough recipe Here.
- Teddy bear cookie cutter
- Rolling pin with spacer bands. DIY under “Rolling pin with spacer bands” on the search box of this blog.
- Paper and pencil or pen
- Marker and Scissor
- Parchment or wax paper
- Royal icing recipe Here
- Ziploc bags or piping bags and piping tips
- Scribe tool. DIY under “Scribe/needle/dotting tool” on the search box of this blog.
- AmeriColor gel food colors in Tulip Red and Forest Green
- Almost Extract mine is from the brand Wilton
- Disco Dust in rainbow
* I got those recipes from this amazing blog. My versions are just half the original recipes.
OPTIONAL FOR CARRY-ON:
- Cupcake wrappers
- Twine or ribbon
- Hole maker
- Bag or a box (optional)
Once we gather all those things we need, let´s get started. Happy Baking!